Friday, April 25, 2008

Baking Marathon - Cornflake Cookies

Posted by Quinn at Friday, April 25, 2008

This is how I spent my well-earned holiday. It's Anzac Day today in Australia and after surviving a hellava week; loaded with assignments, I thought nothing would be better than waking up late and hey, a baking marathon is just what I need! I baked 3 items in a day from 11:30am till 3:30pm. Yeah, I'm pretty quick, :) This is how I used up my leftover cornflakes. I used cornflakes preloaded with banana crunch and nuts. So, it didn't tasted very bland, like just plain stereotype 'Cornflakes Cookies'. It tasted awesome and everyone seem to love it!


Preheat oven to 175°C.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together :

1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 large egg at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
85g granulated sugar

In another large bowl, mix together :

1 1/4 cup Self-Raising Flour
1 1/2 cup Cornflakes


Mix dry ingredient into wet ingredient and stir until well combined.


Scoop them onto baking tray lined with baking paper with a melon baller, making sure to space out each cookie a bit.

Cool them on wire rack before storing in an air-tight container.
I adapted the recipe from Little Corner of Mine (Thanks for the great recipe, keep posting!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Baking Marathon - Cornflake Cookies"

Little Corner of Mine on April 28, 2008 at 12:06 AM said...

Hey looks great! And the most important is everyone likes it. Your melon baller works just like a cookie scoop, I'm impress. Well done! :)

Quinn on April 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM said...

Thanks!
Yeah, limited tools here so gotta be creative most of the times!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez