3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cup blueberries
50g melted chocolate
1) Preheat oven to 190°C and line 2 x 12 holes medium sized muffin pan with paper cups.
2) Mix Portion A well and set aside.
3) Mix Portion B well and mix in Portion A alternatively with yoghurt in 3 parts.
4) Fold in blueberries and mix till just combined. Fill till 1/2 full ONLY*
5) Bake for 25-30mins or until cooked.
6) Drizzle with melted chocolate and dust with icing sugar.
* I made 12 medium sized muffins and 24 mini sized muffins. I baked the mini ones at 15mins with the same temperature. Do not overfill it else you will end up with a flying saucer look muffin (see picture, that was me being greedy trying to squeeze in the last bit of batter)!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008