1/2 cup butter (I use 125g instead of 115g)
100g dark chocolate
1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup softened butter
2 2/3 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted(for medium)
1/3 cup full cream milk
1) Preheat oven to 140°C. Also grease and line the bottom of an 8'' round pan.
2) Mix Portion A in a deep pot and bring to a boil over low heat until you get a smooth texture.
3) Cool the mixture until lukewarm and beat Portion B into the pot and mix well.
4) Fold in Portion C in 3 parts and mix until all combined.
5) Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 50mins to 1 hour until cooked.
6) Cool it in the pan on a wire rack till completely cool before frosting.
For the frosting:
7) Mix Portion D until it reaches the consistency of spreading and frost it over the cake.
Use 3/4 cup of cocoa powder instead of 1/2 cup if you want a richer frosting. However, mix in a little more milk to get the right texture to frost.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Posted by Quinn at Saturday, April 12, 2008