Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Candy Spoon

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, May 13, 2008


This is simply milk pudding covered with chocolates. Take a closer look at the chocolate layer.

Yes, it's indeed not smooth. I wanted to use up my leftover 40g of Swiss Mahony Chocolates from previous baking. It's been sitting in the fridge forever. I've mentioned before that this chocolate is really similar to Toblerone, hence the coarse texture from the pieces of nuts and nougat bits.

I made this to serve two only (or probably serve one if you're a big fans of dessert!)

It's called a candy spoon because when you dug into the pudding, the layer of chocolate will follow along and take its shape because of the canola oil used. I guess I didn't used enough because my chocolate layer was a little too hard for me to dug into the milk pudding layer when it was serving time. You could add more oil but I don't like the idea of it being unhealthy.

Here you go!

1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp + 1/2 granulated sugar

Mix that two well in a pan heated over low heat.

Stir in 1 cup of cold full cream milk and stir till cornflour and sugar are dissolved. That will take about 2-3mins.

When the mixture is thick enough (you'll know when it can readily coat the back of a spoon evenly), turn the heat off and stir in 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract. Pour into two fine cups and chill well.

Microwave 40g of any chocolates with 1 tbsp of canola oil on high for 45 seconds (or more), stirring every 15 seconds interval. Pour on top of well chilled pudding and throw it back into the fridge to chill for another hour before serving.

He just dislikes milk so much and this is a very good way for me to get some calcium into his body!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Candy Spoon"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez