Friday, July 18, 2008

Pizza Night

Posted by Quinn at Friday, July 18, 2008


Tata, my house mate wanted pizza for dinner so we started off making our own pizza base from scratch. I found one recipe here which is definitely a keeper. It lets you make pizza from scratch even though you're in a hurry. Proofing time only takes about half an hour unlike other pizza base that needs you to let it sit for an hour, punch down and knead and proof and punch n knead again before baking.

The only modifications I made were; I used 2 tsp of sugar instead of 1 tsp AND I used a 7g per sachet of yeast instead of 8g. I covered the bowl with a layer of cling wrap and a damp cloth over it.

This is how it looked like before proofing.


And after 30mins,

Punch it down and knead it gently for a minute. I used the kneading method from Taste.com.au. It does not shows you any picture but they did gave a set of long ways of kneading, the right temperature to bake your pizza and topping suggestions.

I doubled the original recipe given from the website where I got mine and made my own topping. We think we would like to have a bread texture like pizza tonight rather than a classic thin crust.

If You decided you want a classic crust pizza, just make one recipe of the pizza base and roll to desired thickness. Makes one round 12 inch perfectly though.

We made one Hawaii chicken pizza. The sauce seen above is made from 1 over ripened tomato, mashed + 3 heaped tablespoon of any tomato pasta sauce + 1 tsp sugar. Warm that together over the stove and set aside until ready to use.

Also, for the border, we stuffed in cheddar cheese for the extra cheese flavour. We then topped up with some chicken pieces (one maryland, deboned, trimmed fats, steamed with a tablespoon of wine until cooked) and pineapple.


The one seen above is Seafood pizza. I used Thousand Island sauce and mayonnaise as base. I then spread chopped crabsticks, chunks of tuna with mayonnaise, pineapple and sliced button mushroom.

For both pizza, I spread a layer of Mozarela cheese first after I spread the sauce. Mozarella cannot be spread last as it will dry up and looses its elasticity that we want. I spread lots of Parmesan and Cheddar cheese when I'm done spreading all the topping ingredients.


They tasted awesome. The four of us can't finish 2 large pizzas! Will deinetely make this over and over again if I have crave for pizza anytime, any hour. Just gotta make sure my house is loaded with instant dry yeast though, haha!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments on "Pizza Night"

WokkingMum on August 4, 2008 at 6:05 PM said...

1/2 hour only for proofing? That's fast. Now that's worth a try. I always wanted to try this but hate the long proofing time. Thanks for sharing! And your pizza looks really good too!

Quinn on August 4, 2008 at 8:29 PM said...

Thanks, the pizza tasted awesome too. Very homemade with losa love and passion! Do try it! Again, thanks for visiting.

gaL said...

hi. the pizza looks great! :)

can u tell me what brand of cheddar and mozzarella r u using? cause i find some brands are extremely expensive, and as a student, it's a lil bit harsh on the pocket. :(

thanks yea.

gaL said...

Hey ur pizza looks great!.

May i know what is the brand of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese that u r using? Cause certain brands are extremely expensive, and as a student, it's a lil harsh on the pocket.

Thanks for sharing yea. :)

Quinn on June 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM said...

Thanks for visitng gal. I've on many occasions use Black & Gold mozarella and parmesan and they came out perfect. Just in case you are not aware, Black & Gold is the cheapest brand of cheese apart from Homebrand and 'You'll love Coles' that you can get off the shelves in Australia. I would sometimes use fresh cheese that I bought off the wet market here when they ar on special and they do give the extra oomph... I reckon cheap and expensive do make a difference :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez