Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sago Pudding

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, July 17, 2008

I crave sago pudding so so much like two days back that I told myself I need to make these ASAP. I have all ingredients needed in my kitchen anyway. The palm sugar left from making ondeh ondeh is begging to be grated. The coconut milk is luring me each passing day.

Only 3 simple ingredients needed to make the sago pudding. They are sago, palm sugar and coconut milk. If you consider water as an ingredient itself, four then.

Recipe as below (makes 12 mini muffin size pudding):

1 cup scant of sago (tapioca pearls)
One big pot of water (The more the better)
Gula Melaka (Palm sugar)
Coconut milk


I did the sago the Precious Moment way.

Once I'm done draining the sago (if still a little sticky, it's okay), I poured one heaped tablespoon of the cooked sago into 12 holes of mini muffin tray, divided equally.

I then let it chill in the fridge for about 3 hours.

I then proceed to grate about a handful of gula melaka (size of pingpong balls, 3 balls altogether) and add about 5 tbsp of water in it. Then, microwave it on HIGH for 30secs or until all sugar dissolved. Chill this in the fridge too.

I used coconut cream from can because I couldn't find fresh coconuts.

Upon serving, run a plastic knife through each little puddings and turn them onto a serving platter. Drizzle in as much coconut cream and sugar mixture to taste.

Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments on "Sago Pudding"

K'$@n said...

hey, I wanna make a request!!!
milo agar-agar please..
i've been craving for it so long....
oh btw, ur sago pudding looks really good! no joke. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez