Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Honeydew Sago Dessert

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Tang whipped up good authentic Thai food for us. I thought the least I could do was to make a chilled dessert for everyone's enjoyment after meal. A refreshing cold, creamy honeydew was perfect to compliment Tang's real hot and spicy cooking. I serve approximately 10 people with this recipe, including those I gave away to Rachel's house.

We have the sago, all nicely transparent and round. It was originally pink, hence the colour I guess.

It's really all transparent. I finally master the right way to cook sago without having the ugly white dot at the centre of each pearl. I did it the Yochana way. My previous Rockmelon Sago Dessert stated sago done the Precious Moment way. Here, I would like to say they are both the same. This originated from Aunty Yochana and many people did it. Precious Moment was one of them.


I used a melon baller to scoop these balls. Some ain't that perfect though.


I added in 1kg of ice cream so this is pretty much white colourish rather than greenish.



Slightly twisted by me:

200 gm. sago, cooked the Yochana way
10 tbsp sugar
2 cups hot water
2 cups milk
1 kg of vanilla flavoured ice-cream
700 gm. of Blended Honey Dew (I used about 760g)
Some Honey Dew balls (I used 2 small honeydew)

What happen here is that I scrapped honeydew balls from two melon and scrap the leftover with a spoon into a food processor. I then blend them and end up with 760g of blended honeydew.

I dissolved all the sugar with the 2 cups of hot water. When it is all dissolved, I add in 2 cups of cold milk.

I then combined that milk mixture, blended honeydew, all the hneydew balls, the sago and the ice cream in a large bowl.

I stir till all the ice cream melt away and pop that in the fridge to chill until serving time.

Done!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Honeydew Sago Dessert"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez