Monday, August 11, 2008

Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Posted by Quinn at Monday, August 11, 2008

Peanut butter was so cheap in Coles the last 2 weeks. My friend got 2 large tubs for 9bucks. What to do with so much peanut butter? I couldn't possibly finish eating them all.

Hence I made mini peanut butter cuppies with it using Aunty May's super good quality mini muffin liner. They're those made of foil with another paper lining the inside of it. You know those commonly used for cheeescake tartlets?

It tasted rather plain actually probably cuz I reduced the sugar a little too much. I did a large batch and made them into 4 types. I topped banana chips onto a quarter of them.


I sprinkled honeycomb cookies coated with chocolate on another quarter. I piped peanut butter icing on another quarter that I've left plain (this was the best among all 4 and is the one you see in the first pic of this post!)

And finally, the plain ones you see on the right are those added with sultanas into the batter before baking. I added in one little box of this:

Equivalent to 40gm

The plain ones ready to be piped. Not much of a difference with the raisins one actually which is why I accidentally piped peanut butter frosting onto some of those with raisins. They reckon it tasted weird, haha!


The honeycomb ones were not too bad. I think they tasted very chocolatey and honeycomb-y.

The last batch waiting to be out of the oven....


Recipe time (Yield approximately 60 mini muffins):

Portion A
100g peanut butter (I used the smooth one instead of the chunky type)
40g butter
1/4 cup of white sugar (I reduced this a little)
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar (I reduced this a little too)

Portion B
3/4 cup buttermilk (I used full cream milk)
3 tbsp oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence

Portion C (Mixed, sifted)
1/2 tso baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup (170g) plain flour


Preheat oven to 175°C.

Cream Portion A until creamy.
Add in one large egg.
Add in Portion B into the previous mixture and blend well.
Finally, add in Portion C into mixture and mix to a smooth batter.
Spoon them into mini muffin caes, 3/4 full.
Sprinkle some with honeycomb chocolate, leave some plain and topped some with banana chips.
Add 40gm sultanas to the last quarter before baking.

Pipe the peanut butter icing onto the plain cuppies. I got the recipe from Allrecipes. This is a real winner. So peanut buttery and not greasy like.

30 g butter, softened
65 g creamy peanut butter
2 tsp milk, or as needed
65 g confectioners' sugar, sifted well

The way I do it is a little different compare to the method given.
This is what I did:

In no sequence, mix all of the above ingredient together until you get a smooth paste.
Spread on cuppies or pipe them out just like I did if you desire.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez