Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chocolate Cloud Cake

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, September 13, 2008

This recipe is taken from Classic Home Desserts by Richard Sax. You can get a soft copy of it here (page 464.) Texture was good and yummy but I sorta overbaked it by 15mins cuz the oven stopped working and got restored back so I kinda lost track of time! Gosh....as ugly as it might look, it tasted really good. Too bad slightly less than one-third of the cake was a lil' hard due to overbaking. Didn't taste any burn bits but just slightly hard.

The lined, butterless pan. I sprayed a lil oil on the base though :)


The rich chocolate and butter mixture cooling.

It was the ultimate flourless chocolate cake. Unlike Sax, I served mine with scoops of mini vanilla ice cream rather than dollops of cake. I kinda like the rustic look of the cake and I think it would be such a waste to cover up the cracks and all with cream.

The soft mounds that hold their shape.

I like how the batter looked like when I incorporate the whites into the chocolate mixture.

This recipe is definately worth a try. I used dark chocolate with minimum 70% cocoa content. I saw one Cadbury Old Gold chocolate bar with 90% cocoa content! Probably will be really bitter, you think so?

p/s: baking time was 40mins just in case anyone doesn't have the book

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Chocolate Cloud Cake"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez