Sunday, September 14, 2008

Durian Crumble

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is something I could proudly call my own. I think it tasted better the day after and another day after. I made them into 18 mini size crumble. Tasted rich but a little on edgy side. Durian aroma was there but not quite strong when tasted.

However, the day after, the taste of durian was more distinct. Worth a try if you have the leftover durian. The crumble was just okay. If I ever retry this, I will re-experiment with the topping. Any suggestion anyone?

Here comes the recipe:

Mix together and stir well:

90g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Mix together and beat into submission:

1 egg yolk
1/3 cup white sugar (I use slightly less than this)
160g durian puree
35g softened butter

Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.

Crumble:

25g light brown sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
8g of butter

Mix all the above until resemble crumbles and sprinkle over muffin.

Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for about 15-20mins or until done when tested with skewer.

Serve! (the day after!)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Durian Crumble"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez