Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tri-Coloured Bread Loaf

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, October 16, 2008


Firstly, this is what I did in conjunction with World Bread Day, a tri-coloured bread. This is crazy, this is midnight baking. The loaf just finish baking at 11pm!

Secondly, I sincerely wanna dedicate this blog post to Happy Home Baking. This is not much of her recipe, more like her ideas and teachings that she shared with fellow bakers in order to make bread baking more fanciful. A normal loaf of bread could be turned out into many ingenious loaves if twisted here and there.

She should have participated, looking at the amount of breads and buns she made. All very nicely done and very creative. Due to the fact that she is busy coaching her kids for exam (what a nice Momma!), I've done this on behalf of her. Hence, I wanna credit back this bread to her.

Due to the lack of time, equipments and ingredients, my loaf of bread is no where near hers. Nonetheless, this is what I've done:

The brown one is tinted with 1 tsp of cocoa powder.

The green one is tinted with 1/2 tsp of pandan paste. HHB used green tea powder instead.

The white one is added with 1 tsp of milk powder instead of leaving it plain.

This are the 3 different flavours dough proving in my room, right in front of a heater.

The finger tip test. When dough is ready, poke it and it shouldn't spring back. If it does, that means the dough is not ready. If dough springs back and cover up the hole you made with your finger tip, prove longer.

Once ready, they are then kneaded into longish like and plaited like below:

My plaiting sux!

Both ends tucked down neatly.A little uneven eh?

See how ugly it is after proving. I do not have a Pullman Tin hence I placed some flat weight on top of the Pyrex pan when I prove it and bake it.

The only good thing here is that my plain colour dough did not pull away from the rest upon proving. I think the 1 tsp of milk powder kneaded into submission helps.

Upon baking and slicing. I love how each tiny rectangular slice has all three colours in one. Only pandan taste was distinct.

But really, this bread is so plain on its own. Nothing taste better than slapping a thick layer of peanut butter on a slice of warm bread, have it melt into the bread a little and eat it up!

Thank you Happy Home Baking! I've jotted down a list of long breads and buns from your blog to bake after my exam!

Finally, Happy World's Bread Day to everyone! Have you bake something yet? If not or running out of time, hurry up and run to the nearest bakery store and grab something you like and blog about it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Tri-Coloured Bread Loaf"

zorra on October 16, 2008 at 3:43 AM said...

I love it! Thx for your participation in WBD'08!

Happy Homebaker on October 16, 2008 at 8:12 PM said...

Dear Quinn, it is so sweet of you! I am so touched, and what a honour!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez