Tuesday, November 4, 2008

El Bulli

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, November 04, 2008

That's it!
It's final!
I'm officially very very unhappy now.
Just got an email saying I didn't get a place.
I thought they always say :

NO NEWS MEANS GOOD NEWS!

El Bulli replied me like 3 weeks after I sent them an email.. Unlike those who got rejected, they received an email within 10days. Why sent me an email and say I didn't get my place after 2 bloody weeks???

All I asked for is a place for 2, period. Despite, having tried 3 years in a row, I still failed to reserve a place in World's Best Restaurante.

Oh well, I officially give up. It was my birthday wish to be able to dine in El Bulli for the past 2 years but not this year. But this year's birthday, El Bulli wasn't the first thing that cross my mind. So you really could see I already don't give a s***.

I've tried many many ways of writing email (note: writing in English would not be their first language, I guess everyone knows!). Write politely, give them a range of dates rather than 1 date, telling them things like:

I'm an artist, just graduated from an art school OR

It's my honeymoon! OR

I would love to propose to my girlfriend in El Bulli

MIGHT enhance your chances of getting it.
Honestly, I've tried the first two but I still failed....

Damn El Bulli, approximately received about 800,000 reservations a year and can only accomodate about 8,000 seats. My chance of getting a seat is definitely low!

Damn Luis Garcia!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "El Bulli"

Ben on January 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM said...

Hey, did you know that you could actually try El Bulli in a restaurant nearby El Bulli? The only caveat is that this restaurant only serve the previous years menu. Which is just as good if you ask me.
Ben

Quinn on January 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for letting know and I think that is just a good to me too if you ask me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez