Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lao Por Ping (Wife's Cake)

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I made this way back when my house organized a BBQ party for some good friends. I think Florence's recipe is good and fail proof.

Egg washed and ready for baking. I didn't want to snip it with scissors. I used toasted black and white sesame seed to sprinkle on it instead. Gives it the extra crunch when biting.

After rolling it swiss roll style twice...I like the spiral pattern!


These are the fillings.

Those far rights are the pastry skin, with oil dough wrapped inside.

I followed Florence's recipe to the T and it came out perfect. This only yield 12 small bite size cakes.

Went down well when it's still warm with a cuppa tea!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Lao Por Ping (Wife's Cake)"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez