Friday, March 27, 2009

Smoothie Criminal

Posted by Quinn at Friday, March 27, 2009

Hmmm.....sometimes you just can't seem to make a glass of goodness guilty smoothie looks good. Blame it on my stick blender. It's only of 250 wattage but it's dirt cheap so can't help it.

This time around, I've used blueberry and the last banana on my pantry to do this. He dropped in a couple of leftover grapes. Again, I've used the same pineapple and coconut juice and milk (1/4 cup each). I don't intend to make this healthy whatsover. I'd rather have it yummy. To this, I've top up with 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream and blend them all together.


I put in this whole pack of blueberry. Was on special and will regret if I don't buy them!

This smoothie of mine was a little on the thick and chunky sides. I added another 1/4 cup of milk to thin it out. It's not really that chunky, it's just that the tiny blades refuse to work harder in blending the blueberries and grapes skin into one.

All in all, this made 4 tall wine glass serving again and it was good to gulp it down with my housemates.

This does not keep well. It was out at room temperature for just 15mins and the banana starts making the whole smoothie a lot thicker (probably due to pectin) and turn into a dark disgusting brown mixture. Taste wise remains the same though.

This is my second smoothie for 2 days in a row. I have a 3rd one coming which I've just made just now. I promise this will be te last one for the mean time.

Because.....I've added another new gadget into my kitchen. It's an ice-cream maker that I just bought online. AUD40 including postage, good value for money I would say.

Alton Brown got me hooked on making sorbets. I'm so gonna try making gelato, soft serve and my faourite green tea ice cream!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Smoothie Criminal"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez