Friday, March 27, 2009

Very Berry Smoothie

Posted by Quinn at Friday, March 27, 2009

This is my newfound interest for the time being! I just bought a new set of blender that comes in the form of a stick. It also provides a chopper as well as generous beaker. So far I've used it to blend soups, grind my nuts into fine meal for flourless cakes, chop onions and any other vegetables into fine pieces, make my Indian spice paste and a lot more.

I just can't recall how my life without a stick blender was before this! What kinda' era was that?

Anyway, here is a handy list of ingredients I've used for my very first smoothie which as you figured out from the name, consist of a lot of berries. I've also used a pineapple and coconut juice instead of milk to make the whole thing even healthier. Erm, actually not so but it makes you feel good when you tell people your smoothie recipe consist of 8 types of different fruits in it (for me, it's banana, coconut, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, wild blueberries, red currants and black currants).

I've also added a 'No Fat' yogurt just to make it creamier and guilt-free. I don't know bout you but this taste awesome for me and my housemates so do give it a try if you do have a box of unused frozen mixed berries and don't knwo what to do with it!

1 large overly-riped banana
4 tbsp of fat free vanilla yogurt (I made my first batch using Greek Yogurt and they were very yummy too!)
1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup of your favourite fruit juice (I've used pineapple and coconut juice but make sure it's got real fruit juice in it!)

In no sequence, chuck everything by guesstimation if you like into a large beaker (at least of 3 cups capacity) and use a stick blender to blend them into submission.

You could also do it with a normal blender. But if you are using a stick blender, my suggestion is that make sure the stick blnder is already in tthere before you add things in. I'll also usually pour in liquid first followed by my chopped fruits (I just tear apart the banana into chunks) so I don't have to make my blender work harder.

Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve.

I made about 4 wine glasses of the size you see in the picture.

Random: This is my current favourite song, Promise Of A Lifetime !

I do hope you try it and leave me your feedback!

Lots more smoothies on its way!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Very Berry Smoothie"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez