Saturday, April 4, 2009

Watermelon Sorbet

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, April 04, 2009


This is my very first homemade melon sorbet. This will be the only one made without an ice cream maker. I've just ordered one online and it arrived yesterday. I made this watermelon sorbet a couple of days back.

I've adapted Alton Brown's recipe for this and made half batch to try out. I also substituted vodka for Chivas Regal. I thought this would never work but it turns out great. Very adultery and the taste of Chivas weren't too subtle either.


I simply garnish it with a slice of watermelon and a hint of mint.

Recipe that I have used is as below:

300g of watermelon, roughly chopped (I would love to try with cantaloupe and honeydew next time!)
1 tbsp of Chivas Regal
1.5 tbsp lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed but I couldn't be bothered!)
1/2 cup of sugar (original one uses 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp)

As for directions, I would recommend you all watch Alton in action. His episode of Melondrama was hilarious, educational and easy to follow.

Really can't wait for my ice cream maker to come.

Please expect to see lotsa ice cream and gelato even though it's gonna be winter very very soon!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Watermelon Sorbet"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez