Sunday, May 31, 2009

Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, May 31, 2009


These cookies are not the best cookies ever. They are not rich and neither are they fantastic whatsoever. However, when an allergic boy pops it in his mouth, he says these are the best chocolate chip cookies anyone every baked for him.


My colleagues at work loves it. They love the crunch from the nuts and the generous chocolate chips.These cookies are butterless! Only shortening are used here. I know it's unhealthy since shortening contains so trans-fat but I'm only gonna do this one for the sake of people who are allergic to butter! Anyone knows where to get good shortening? I'd prefer lard over shortening sometimes due to this reason.

In the midst of making these cookies, I droped the mixing bowl. It didn't defy gravity or that sorta thing, it landed vertically down to the ground with a loud thud. The batter was salvaged but look at what happen to the mixing bowl...


However, I would have chose to break a plasticware rather than a glassware so I guess that mixing bowl was just unlucky. It was my favourite because it is a conveniently deep bowl.


I don't think anyone would want a recipe for this unless you are only allergic to butter or you are running out of butter in the pantry so I'm gonna keep this post short.

Bonne nuit!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments on "Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies"

Anncoo on June 17, 2009 at 1:27 AM said...

Hello Quinn,
Your blog is nice and got many interesting recipes, must learn more from you.
BTW I just link you to my blog.
Tku!

Quinn on June 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM said...

Thanks Anncoo!
I've just link you up too!
Thanks for visiting!

Kari on June 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM said...

Spectrum has a no-trans or hydrogenated organic shortning and it works REALLY WELL!!

Tanya said...

Why can I not see the recipe?

Quinn on December 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM said...

Tanya: That is because I did not post the recipe up. I could email it to you if you want.

Cheers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez