Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chocolate Torte

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, May 31, 2009

As I've said before, I'll try to update this little dessert blog of mine on a daily basis. I wish I could be half as disciplined when it comes to revising my subjects. Aaron must be dead disappointed when he saw new updates coming into his mailbox again from my blog! Sorry honey but I'll study when I feel like it!



Back to the chocolate torte, I love chocolates! Found a housemate who equally adores chocolate. In fact, she's a chocolate freak and have to remind herself from time to time to 'replace chocolates with fruits'.


Having come to Adelaide, I've been to 4 different chocolate houses in just under 4 months. Considered myself lucky to have really nice housemates and they've got car. So, they practically drive us around to places of interest and places with good food.



They were nice enough to offer me and Aaron fine dines in high-end restaurant on his Birthday. The boyfriend paid for the birthday dinner and the girlfriend paid for our cuppa chocolates in Bracegirdle. What more can I ask for besides getting a job ASAP? I really wanna treat them but I'm on mum and pap's money so times could be hard sometimes.



Why am I swaying again! Alright, I made these last year. The recipe is taken from non other than Exclusively Food. Some closer to me will know I love this website let it be a savory meal or a small sweet treats. The recipe is here and the torte is really easy to put together.

All you need is good quality ingredients and that makes the whole lot of difference. Fresh eggs, good butter, good quality chocolates and even good vanilla paste. I usually will use 85% Lindt's Dark Chocolates for tortes and flourless cakes but these little Lindt's Chocolate with nougatine bits were on sales on Boxing Day so I thought why not.


This was dense and heavy, almost tasted like flourless; only a gluten-allergic person could tell the difference. It has the fudgy feeling and will melt in your mouth given time. I like my tortes and flourless really cracky on top. I I'll usually press the top of the cake with my fingers when it's cooled to give it that rustic look. I'll then give it a generous dusting of icing mixture.


It's yummy, try it if you need a fail-proof look cake for an occasion!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Chocolate Torte"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez