Saturday, June 27, 2009

Exams are 'almost' over & some new toys!

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, June 27, 2009

UPDATES: Elyn of ShopnBake refunded me! She said she got the knife back and is unsure of what had happened in between. Oh well, I guess I deserve the refund and I've got a chiffon knife as a gift from a penpal so hey, my day is not that gloomy after all! For me, this is how business works!

Hey everyone....how's it going with you all?


It is pretty sad to have to put in the word 'almost' but as a matter of fact, I still have one more paper left on Monday and then only I could call it a rest for approximately 2 months. There's so many things I wanna share with you all, from my bakings to my, ahemmm...improved cooking skills (I didn't judge myself, my not-so-picky food taster did!). Also, I would like to share with you some happy and some unhappy things that happened to me.

Online shopping is fun and all. It is pretty upsetting and rather devastating when you part with your money and your goods never arrive and is missing somewhere out there. Just because it is not a registered post and you don't get money refunded.

I'm actually referring to Elyn, the owner of ShopnBake. I ordered a chiffon knife from ShopnBake and it never arrive. Just because it is a 'small business' and I don't get refunded. This is why I sometimes prefer to buy from Ebay. Just create and account and it is really not that troublesome. You can leave them negative feedback if you think it's necessary so that others are aware.

I have nothing against ShopnBake and I am definitely not writing this post just because I want a revenge whastover. To be honest, I really don't care about her, or about anything else. All I care is that I've paid AUD13 including postage for this knife and it never arrive. Another blog pal (I promise I would not reveal IT!!!) send me a knife through air mail and it arrived like a week after IT sent it. IT had been very nice to gave this to me for free, as a token of appreciation for our friendship. Would you believe such nice people still exist on earth??? And the worst part is, she is also from Singapore and she bought the knife and have it registered and it sums up to a total of still cheaper than ShopnBake!

I honestly too don't care about how and from whom sellers bulk buy their goods and yada yada. All I care is the one who can provide excellent service in terms of price, communication and postage wins it all. If you bulk buy from a more expensive dealer, you'll have to deal with the consequences that others will be a strong competitor of yours.

The reason I am writing this post is to promote about a seller who also sells what ShopnBake sells and at a cheaper price. I have personally bought 2 items from her and I think she is very reliable, your item will not be lost and gets dispatched within the same working day once you have paid. Anything happen, sort it out with her and she reply as quick as a thunder. If you think things have been very unfair for you, worst come to worst, leave a negative feedback. The seller I am talking about is Baking Frenzy (pls CLICK IT! this is not me, swear upon my a**)

For example, ShopnBake sells these mooncake moulds. Baking Frenzy has them too at a cheaper price here, here and here. I bought two sets of these cutest-ever-mooncake mould from Baking Frenzy which ShopnBake also used to sell it here. I bought two sets, one for myself so I could make mooncakes very soon and one set for Ellena from Cuisine Paradise because she's been very kind to send me muslin cloth for me to make soybean curd and soy bean drink (soybean drink was easy peasy but I still haven't get the hang of soy bean curd yet, sigh.....).

And guess what Ellena did? She felt so paiseh and sent me the cute yellow Winnie the Pooh set that you see in the picture. Can use to make Bento which I will atempt after exam. Some things I wanna do after exam includes bolognese, soybean curd, bento sandwiches and hainanese chicken rice. These time consuming food has always been on my to-do-list but I didn't get to do it due to busy schedule.



After all that I've said, I wanna get back to my mooncake moulds. They come with 6 interchangable plates and only cost me AUD15 including postages for each set. They included 2 different Hello Kitty, Mickey, Doraemon, Winnie the Pooh and a Garfield for me, along with a 5.2cm diameter plunger. As for the chifon knife, dammit! I just realise I need to buy a chiffon pan since I never make one before but honey likes it, so I thought of attempting. Until I read somewhere, it is not advisable to use a non-stick pan to bake chiffon cake. For God's sake, I only have nothing but non-stick pans in my baking pantry! I kinda like this one here but have yet to decide to buy. Might wanna see whether it is cheaper in Aussie but Aussie's one all also non-stick coating, I've checked most of them :(

Again, to any of you haters out there, please don't send hate mail to my gmail after this post if you are siding Elyn or for any reason. I just wanna share my thoughts and my personal price comparison with public. If you know of any other online seller who sells baking items, lemme know and I could do a price check and review it for you :)

Until then, it's still exam. See you on Monday!



Cheers,
Quinn

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments on "Exams are 'almost' over & some new toys!"

Anonymous said...

Great to see your review about the internet sellers, we as consumer should really do some price comparison before buying something on the internet.

And all your food on your blog seems lovely!!

Ellena on June 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM said...

HI Quinn,

Thanks for your lovey thoughts and gift. We love it very much. Will look forward to use it in my bake soon... :p

And i am glad that you love our gift to you too... :p

For your infor, you can use that Aussi type of black colour non-stick pan for baking chiffon cake leh. One of my bestie in Perth also using that pan, even me who stay in Oz b4 also use those that i got from Kmart leh... :p So i don't see why u can't use it to make chiffon cake :)

So don't let us wait too long to see your chiffon cake k :)

Quinn on June 29, 2009 at 3:39 PM said...

Anonymous:

Couldn't agree with you more. It's not about AUD13, it's about consumer's right.I hate it when people extort me and refuse to refund me for mistakes that are not mine.


Ellena:

Exam's officially over for me Ellena! I'll be having sushi and sandwiches bento for picnic down by Torrens Lake tomorrow, sounds yummy eh? I'll try making in a normal pan first, let it be non-stick or not. I really couldn't be bothered buying another pan and have my pantry all filled up to the brim! Thanks for letting know :)

cariso on July 3, 2009 at 8:00 AM said...

You got that Jap toy, very lovely!

Quinn on July 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

Hey Cariso,

Thanks for visiting.

Hehe, yeah...not very into them but fellow bloggers send it to me. Can't help but think how cute they were when they arrive :)

Anncoo on July 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM said...

Just wonder these moulds can get directly in Australia?

Quinn on July 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM said...

Anncoo,
Which moulds are you referring to?
I am pretty sure you cannot get the mooncake moulds from Australia.
The chiffon knife is sent to me by a friend and the Winnie the Pooh toy is sent to me by Ellena as a gift.

Anncoo on July 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anncoo on July 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM said...

Did you check your mail?

Quinn on July 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM said...

Anncoo,
I've checked and replied.
Cheers!

Blessed Homemaker on August 20, 2009 at 4:33 AM said...

Hi Quinn,
Regarding the chiffon cake knife, any chance of finding out where your friend in Singapore bought it? I bake chiffon using the normal cake pan and I always have problem unmoulding it. TIA

Quinn on August 30, 2009 at 2:19 AM said...

Hi Blessed Homemaker,

Sorry, I've asked around but no hope for that knife. I guess you really have to make do without that knife. Sorry or maybe you would wanna buy from Elyn. All the best in finding. Cheers

yin said...

hello, i chanced upon your blog while searching for mooncake moulds. do you know if these moulds are on sale as i have been searching for them. thanks!

Quinn on September 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM said...

Yin,

If you do read this blog post, you'll know I got it from Baking Frenzy. I emailed her and ask her to take in more stock so people can buy.

Perhaps you would like to email her and ask her.

Cheers!

yin said...

ok, thanks

Quinn on September 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM said...

Dear Yin,

I've emailed Baking Frenzy and here is the link to which you can buy these baby moulds:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380160090481

Good luck and have fun!

Gina Choong on February 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM said...

Quinn,

:) I sell online too..and of course have a retail shop to compliment it. I am not siding Elyn, although I do know her in person. Sometimes stuff do get lost in the mail. I get that once in a while. Usually, I check with the customer about 2 weeks after I mail out the items just to check if it reaches them. If not, I often send another package out of good will. All overseas mail have a tracking number. So the customer knows if the item is lost or in transit. I suspect Elyn may have mail out the stuff to you via normal mail which has no tracking number. Cheaper but very risky.

Anonymous said...

Do you know where can purchase online for pingpi mooncake mold?

Quinn on September 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM said...

Gina: Appreciate your valuable feedback and non-bias opinion. I guess frictions are sometimes inevitable but she is indeed a little more pricey on the overall side compared to others. I do not endorse any party but I would recommend good and cheap stuffs to others though. In terms of registered post, I fully agree that is a lot more safer and reduce issues for both buyer/seller :)

Anonymous: Email me on bakingquinn@gmail.com and I will provide details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez