Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Angie's Hokkaido Milky Loaf

Posted by Quinn at Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I hope it is not too late of me to post this Hokkaido Milky Loaf that has been circulating on almost every other Singaporean if not other bakers' blogs. I got the recipe here by Angie. This recipe, unlike other Hokkaido Milky Loaf that uses Hokkaido Milk instead uses whipping cream.

I think the whipping cream itself helps in producing a very very soft, fluffy, almost like eating cloud bread. As you could see from my picture, I didn't do a good job in rolling the bread dough up swiss roll style. I did weigh them just don't know where went wrong.

I like my bread pan. I hardly grease it and yet nothing got stuck. And yes, I will make this again and again.

p/s: I brushed the top of my loaf of bread with milk only hence no glossy finish.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments on "Angie's Hokkaido Milky Loaf"

Christine on July 23, 2009 at 6:18 PM said...

Hi ! Quinn,
You slice it & eat with jam or?

Quinn on July 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Hi Christine,
I ate this with peanut butter and crumbled crisp bacon. I love them plain on its own too!

Anncoo on July 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

Great Job! This looks like from a Bakery shop.

Quinn on July 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM said...

Anncoo,
Thanks for over complimenting me!
My baking skills are no where near yours!

Ellena on July 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM said...

Wow.. Quinn,

Your bread will great!!! So nicely done... I love the colour... it look even better than bakery shop :p... U have done a great job :)

Quinn on July 24, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

Hey Ellena!!!
Thank you very much, you flattered me too much!

p/s: Tau Foo Fa almost successful, just need to try it one more time to be confirmed. Chiffon failed already. In the midst of trying again but eggs are so expensive in Australia. The cheapest one was AUD4 for 12 eggs, each approximately the 60g in weight. Back where I was from, it's 3 times cheaper!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez