Monday, July 6, 2009

Baked Sour Cream Cheesecake

Posted by Quinn at Monday, July 06, 2009

I can never settle for plain Jane cheesecakes. Alton Brown changed my mind. I really adore his recipes, especially this one. A combination of sour cream and cream cheese produces this yummy, dense and rich slices. I said it was good but it's definitely not guilt free. I would probably have to run the treadmills like an hour to burn off the calories that's building up in my thighs!

Recipe can be obtained here and see how Alton himself did it here and here. I really like his shows because they are very educational. I added the extra tablespoon of cornstarch that makes the difference and prevent cracks on the surface. Like what Alton said, if you do not have any cornstarch in hand, do not fret. What do you supposed whipped creams are for?

For me, it's a drizzle of bitter chocolate ganache. I bain-marie one part of double cream to one part of real good quality chocolate and place it in a piping bag. I keep it in my fridge for convenience sake. It's good on cheesecakes and even on graham crackers if you're a chocolate freak! Nevertheless, I had two slices of these babies plain on its own and I must say it had me blown away.



Give it a shot if you're having good friends coming over for a long chat. These babies work well in keeping you company alongside a good bottle of dessert wine.

Good night people!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments on "Baked Sour Cream Cheesecake"

Anncoo on July 7, 2009 at 10:17 AM said...

OH! This is my favourite:)

Quinn on July 7, 2009 at 1:16 PM said...

Anncoo,
this is my favourite too!
Sour cream is so versatile!

Ellena on July 7, 2009 at 2:16 PM said...

Wow.. can u sent me at least a slice of this ....... it look great!!! I love it... :p

Quinn on July 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

Ellena, if I ever see you, we'll bake this together okay?
Thanks, I think it taste greater than it looks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez