Monday, July 6, 2009

Flourless Chocolate Cake....Again!

Posted by Quinn at Monday, July 06, 2009


My last paper was last Monday and I've not been posting for a week. I have been happily producing in the kitchen. Lotsa new cookings rather than baking. Just finish watching a Singaporean series called 'The Little Nyonya' and am still adoring it. It's all about the Peranakan, very related to me, the Peranakan descendants. Funny isn't it because Peranakan itself means 'The Descendants'.


Been whipping up lots of Peranakan Food....more about that later. I dunno whether I've said this before but I'm actually on a 2 months break but I'm not gonna look for job as of now. I wanna spend some quality time doing things I really like. Quinn and kitchen are best friends as of now and today, I would like to blog about a flourless cake I made for Su En on her birthday. Knowing that that this could end very badly for your hips, I would say this serves 10 rather than 8. Su En loves all things chocolate, preferably dense and bitter.

The recipe is gotten from Exclusively Food. I'm fond of their recipe, simple to follow and great results. We all love the meringue like crust. The inside of this cake looks just exactly like theirs. No cross sections, we all downed it way too fast.

After baking, I quickly removed it from the oven and place it on a wire rak, covered with a clean tea towel. This in my opinion produces a crust that sinks in the centre, the way flourless are supposed to be.

I cracked up the surface a little and heavily dust it with cocoa powder upon serving.


I'm gaining calories faster than I am burning it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Flourless Chocolate Cake....Again!"

Anncoo on July 6, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

Hi Quinn, You are back to your kitchen already, awaiting to see more your new posts:)

Quinn on July 7, 2009 at 1:13 AM said...

Hi Anncoo!
Thanks for visiting.
Just so you know, Ive linked you from my cookingquinn.blogspot.com
Keep posting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez