Thursday, July 16, 2009

French Toast Stack with Maple Syrup

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, July 16, 2009

Made this for Aaron's breakfast on bed. More like for us actually. It's pretty fulfilling. I've used 1:1 ratio of egg : bread. For every toast done, I had it kept warm in a preheated oven and repeat until I'm all done. I have also omitted sugar in the egg coating since I'll be drizzling this with lotsa maple syrup.

What I've used:

4 slices of stale bread squares
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp fresh milk
enough pure maple syrup for drizzling
butter

Butter breads on both sides and place them in a shallow dish in one single layer.

Mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla in another bowl until well mixed and pour it over the bread slices.

Flip the bread slices to coat them evenly.

People! I don't like dipping breads into egg mixture. I like mine loaded with egg mixture. If your bread is stale enough, it will not fall apart when soaked.

Butter your nonstick pan and pan fry your bread slices, 2 at one go until lightly golden brown on both sides.

Slice them into triangles and stack them up. Drizzle them with maple syrup and sifted icing sugar (optional).


Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments on "French Toast Stack with Maple Syrup"

Anonymous said...

Your french toasts looks fake, it pairs the color of the plates. Any one knows that preheated oven can keep toasts warm which I think is needless to say. Down here in California our french toast don't need to be eaten with an apple! Thanks anyways, but I'll stick to my own recipe. JeNing

Quinn on July 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM said...

My french toasts is not fake. How do you fake french toasts anyway?

And I dish it up on that plate purely because I think they matched.

The tip to keep french toasts were taught by Martha Stewart herself here:

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/basic-pancakes

Is it wrong for me to just share it with people who have not actually thought of that oven trick?

If you actually read the post you would see that I ate it with maple syrup and butter, not apple.

Apple is to make it healthier which is different from eating WITH apple.

Down here in Australia, we have manners. Don't come back, thanks!

PabloLoveFood said...

Hi JeNing,
Did you mean if you don't eat your French Toast with apple then everyone can't do that? Haha, grow up young lady! This is the world of freedom, talking about where you're from. Haha! I like to eat my French toast with Apple + Orange + Watermelon! Sounds healthy to me. =)

Anncoo on July 17, 2009 at 12:24 AM said...

Hi Quinn,

I would like to pass you the 'Kreativ Award'. Do check my blog to see what it's all about. Thanks for the great recipes you've shared.

Anncoo on July 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM said...

There is another way of eating french toast. French toast with peanut butter and slice banana on top.

Quinn on July 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM said...

Thanks Anncoo. Will have the Kreativ Award passed on! I actually really like my french toast with bacon and peanut butter. Please don't think I'm weird!!!

Anncoo on July 18, 2009 at 2:49 AM said...

Of course not, you can eat it anyway you like, as long as you feel comfortable.

Christine on July 18, 2009 at 8:40 PM said...

Hi! Quinn,
I love french toast & so do my family, I'll try your recipe. I love my french toast with syrup & butter also.

Quinn on July 19, 2009 at 1:08 AM said...

Thanks for your encouraging words Christine! I'm trying your chili tuna lasagna too!

Christine on July 19, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

This morning I tried your french toast recipe, everyone thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.

Quinn on July 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Glad you and your family liked it. I've bought lasagna sheets and will try your chili tuna lasagna very soon!!!

Gina Choong on January 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

Hi Quinn, your french toast reminds me of those my mom used to make for me donkey years ago. Now I make it the same way for my girls. I don't see it as fake, you have wonderful food styling skills. Thanks for the tip on the oven. Never knew that. I hop over to your blog after reading PreciousMoment's. :)

Quinn on January 17, 2010 at 2:15 PM said...

Thanks Gina for the very supportive comment. I'm glad you find the oven trick useful. French Toast is a classic for every kid in Malaysia, well at least for me... Thanks again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez