Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Multiple Bakings

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, July 07, 2009


These are some variations I made with one basic sweet bun dough from my Agnes Chang, I can Bake Cookbook. They include special Nutella Bun, Mexican bun (what we Malaysians famously known it as Roti Boy) and Caterpillar Bun.

I don't know why my Mexican bun topping just didn't look as good as the one Agnes had in her book. This is my 3rd attempt at the recipe and it stil didn't get better. I tried refrigerating the topping too but upon baking, they just won't stay and coat the bun nicely :(


Aaron loves peanut butter rather than Nutella. Hence, I made one special peanut butter bun for him. We love this. Tried to be more generous with Nutella and peanut butter but everything just oozes out when you roll it. This special nutella bun requires a special rolling technique which I'll blog about later.

My caterpillar bun as usual was the crowd pleaser. A drizzle of ketchup and mayonnaise makes it even yummier!

More about Special Nutella Bun very soon!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Multiple Bakings"

Anncoo on July 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM said...

So impressed! can make many buns!

Quinn on July 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM said...

Yeap, basic sweet bun dough is very versatile! I'm following your blog too Anncoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez