Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Triple Choc Panna Cotta

Posted by Quinn at Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Made these panna cottas as dessert after a heavy meal. I'm afraid it might be too filling for some so I serve them in small quantity. Made these when I was the host so I really couldn't be bothered to sit them in hot water and turn them out and all.



I made them the night before. Upon serving, I pour on the chocolate fudge sauce and place on some chocolate shavings.


Give them one final dust of cocoa powder for the elegant look and serve them straight in the wine glass.

Yield 6 small elegant wine glass servings:

Panna Cotta layer:
1 cup of lite milk
1 cup of lite cream (that's just what I've used, feel free to use any other type of cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla paste (purely optional)
1.5 tsp gelatine powder
1/3 cup of castor sugar

Pour some milk from the 1 cup of milk onto the gelatine and let it stand for 10mins. While that is set aside, combine in a small nonstick milk pot, the remaining milk, cream, vanilla paste and the sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer. Turn off heat when it was about to boil. If you don't have a kitchen thermometer, you'll know when you see lots of steam escaping from the surface of the mixture. Add in the milk-gelatine mixture and stir until all dissolved. Return it back to the stove for a minute or two if you think it's necessary. Use your own judgmenet, we can be really flexible here. You're done and strain that into a spouted glass jug. Pour them into 6 tall wine glasses carefully without touching the sides of glass. I've been very particular and have gone to the extend to use a little funnel! Let them set in the fridge overnight or at least more than 4 hours.

Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
60g of dark chocolate (I like it real bitter and not sweet so I've used 90% cocoa content Lindt's)
3 tbsp lite cream
1/2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar (use 1 tbsp if you like it sweeter)

Combine all in a small bowl and bain marie until it form a uniform mixture.
It will thicken upon standing.
I stir it to cool it a while and pour 1 tbsp into each glass.

Dust with good quality cooca powder.

Use a vegetable peeler and run it through the sides of a chocolate bar and place some on each glass.

Serve straight and you're all ready to impress!

This is the cocoa powder I've been using for all my bakings:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Triple Choc Panna Cotta"

Anncoo on July 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM said...

Hi Quinn,
This is my favorite, will try to get the cocoa powder first.

Quinn on July 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM said...

Anncoo, thanks for always dropping by!
Not necessary must get this brand cocoa powder but this is just what I use, pure Dutch cocoa, no fillers, no sugar and no addtives. You can get it from organic shops too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez