Sunday, August 9, 2009

Floras, eggs with bread and butter

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, August 09, 2009

Good afternoon! It's a nice, bright and sunny day today and I spent it at home doing house chores and making praline ice cream, kinda wasted eh? But I really don't feel like going anywhere apart from spending time at home lazing around. As promised, below are some shots from Brisbane and I promise this is the last post about Brisbane before some of you get sick of it!


This picture is officially my new desktop background!

Red bougainvillea....call me suaku but this is the first time I've seen a red one. I don't think red bougainvillea is a common sight in Malaysia. I don't really see much of it in Adelaide too.

I'm gonna leave this with pictures and no descriptions. They're just too awesome. I really love sight seeing, almost anything!

That last day marked the end of my journey in visiting my sis in Brisbane. I have a love-hate relationship with airport....Moving on is yet another day. First meal in a day would be breakfast and here is a simple breakfast fare that is absolutely delicious with just very simple ingredients.


Fill up a milk pot with cold water and slide an egg inside. Bring it to boil and cook exactly 2.5mins upon boiling. While doing that, generously butter a slice of bread and tear it into bite size. Place it in your cereal bowl, ramekin, cup or any of your favourite china would do. When the egg is done, crack it over the bowl with the back of a knife and mix well. The yolk should be runny and the whites are partially cooked. Stir to mix well and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Serve immediately. If you're a Bovril fanatic, spread Bovril over the bread instead of butter.


Adapted from my childhood memory and that piece of memory refreshed by Tessa Kiros

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments on "Floras, eggs with bread and butter"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez