Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Starry Agar-Agar Batik

Posted by Quinn at Wednesday, September 02, 2009

For this starry agar-agar batik, I've adapted Aunty Lily's recipe. I didn't shred the condensed milk jelly like hers. Instead, I pour that into a round tray and firm it up. Then I do star cut-outs with it. I then pour half the gula melaka jelly over it.

As for the white stars cutout, I arrange that in another same size round tray and pour the remaining gula melaka jelly over it. Chill both until firm and serve.

You do get a thinner height of agar-agar but I like it that there's two trays and you can serve more people with smaller pieces for everyone. Not being stingy, but agar-agar came in as desserts after a heavy meal.


I hope you all have a lovely spring. I sure will!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments on "Starry Agar-Agar Batik"

Anncoo on September 3, 2009 at 1:04 AM said...

Looks beautiful! I also did this sometime ago, only use coconut milk and pandan leaves.

Quinn on September 3, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

Thank you Anncoo.
I think they look pretty beautiful too. I personally don't like it cuz it's firm but the kids love it. I'm a very 'puddings and flans' person :)

Cuisine Paradise on September 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

Wow.. this is so beauiful... i love it i love it.. rey said it's like stars in the sky :p

Quinn on September 3, 2009 at 5:10 PM said...

Haha, I'm not surprised Reyon likes it because he is a little boy. Kids love these sorta fancy stuff!

Blessed Homemaker on April 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM said...

Such a coincidence! I had wanted to use my heart shape cutter but decided to use the star cutter instead. Now we've got "twins" using the same recipe! If only it's so accurate buying 4D/toto :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez