Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ham and Cheese Bread Ring

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, October 22, 2009

I initially make these for a couple of good reasons:


I want to utilize my 17cm chiffon pan and not just use it for making chiffon which I don't make very frequent.

I have leftover ham and cheese waiting in the fridge for me and they're just begging to be used.


It's been ages since I last made savoury buns or breads.

I planned to submit this for World Bread Day 2009 but later changed my mind because I wanted something more simple, classical and yet elegant which was why I ended up submitting my White Milk Bread.


This was nice but a bit on the saltish side, maybe because I have used salted butter, added the salt, use more ham and more cheese. Opppss......trying to finish up leftovers! But the texture of the bread was really good, even without any eggs. I will try using this as basic sweet bun dough recipe and cut down the sugar the next time I feel like making bread again but to make savoury bread, this is a real winner!


Adapted from Pook of Daily Delicious
(click here for recipe)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Ham and Cheese Bread Ring"

dailydelicious on October 22, 2009 at 7:12 PM said...

Hi,
Well, I'm glad that you still happy with it, even on the salty side, ^ ^.
Pook

Quinn on October 22, 2009 at 7:28 PM said...

Thanks for visiting Pook and yeah, it was my fault it was salty, not the bread dough. Will use this as basic bun recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez