Thursday, November 5, 2009

Greek yogurt with honey, cinnamon, pecans and pomegranate

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, November 05, 2009

This is so colourful, so beautiful and I would be very happy to eat another serving of this. The title of the post says it all. That's practically all you need and all that goes into this rather healthy and guilt-free.


This is adapted from Apples for Jam, it's by Tessa Kiros. I guess you probably already figure that out even before I said so. I like how I can have a quick fix when I have cravings. This one is easy, assemblng probably less than a minute. Even if you chop and toast the pecans and have ready your pomegranate seeds, it still could be done under 15 mins.


There's many way you could remove pomegranate seeds. I choose to soak them in water but some say it'll dilute the taste of the seeds but I've tried both methods, soaking and not soaking, they're the same to me so I would recommend soaking so you don't get all the splatters over your favourite shirt and yes, they're like mangosteens. They stain your white shirt!


A handful of pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp shelled pecans, broken ino big chunks (I use almond here)
2/3 cups thick Greek-style plain yogurt
2 tsp thick, clear honey
Ground cinnamon

Start off by cutting the pomegranate into quarters and plunge them in cold water for 10mins. When time is up, take one quarter out and pry the skin inside out to expose all the seeds underneath. Pick all the seeds out of the pomegranate, making sure there is no white pith still attached. Eat up your leftovers seeds or saved them for filling little tartlets or to nibble along a glass of prosecco.

In a small dry frying pan, lightly toast the pecans just enough to bring out their flavour and crisp them up. Take care not to overdo them or they'll be bitter and taste burnt. Leave them to cool.


Finally, assembling that practically take less than a minute to put together; Spoon the yogurt into bowls, scatter the toasted pecans all over the top, drizzle with honey and finish with a small scattering of pomegranate seeds and cinnamon.

Best served immediately.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments on "Greek yogurt with honey, cinnamon, pecans and pomegranate"

Anncoo on November 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM said...

Mmm...your first dessert is out already. Looks so beautiful.

Quinn on November 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM said...

Thanks Anncoo!

This is simple and colourful and beautiful, the ingredients did all the work for me, I just place them together, couldn't be any more tougher than assembling right?

zurin on November 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM said...

I love pomegranate (bt its quite expensive here) and the combination u did sounds wonderful!

Quinn on November 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM said...

Zurin, sure ke? Buah delima berlambak kat belakang rumah nenek I la...free lagi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez