Thursday, December 10, 2009

Greek Yoghurt with Blue Gum Honey and Blueberries

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, December 10, 2009


Blue gum honey is rich gold in colour with a smooth texture. It is good on toast and extremely good when stirred through Greek yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is thick compared to any other plain yoghurt and probably far more superior in terms of taste and texture.

On days when I need Greek yoghurt, I find placing plain yoghurt in a large cheesecloth over a large tea strainer helps. Let it sit for 30mins or so to drain out the excess liquid. They call it whey. I don't throw it, I stir in my leftover honey clinging to the spoon and make Aaron drink it!

As fro fruits, you can use blueberries or just macerated strawberries would work great too. I use blueberries because Ellie mentioned that Robert Pattinson diet when filming Twilight consist of Greek yoghurt and blueberries. Oh, how can I not eat what Robert eats? Even if I dislike the tartness in plain Greek yoghurt, I would still eat it because he eats it and really Ellie, I agree with you. Both Robert and this yoghurt are indeed healthy obsessions!

Recipe...erm, I don't know whether you considered this one a recipe. Simply dollop spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt into a glass. Drop a generous handful of blueberries over it and drizzle with blue gum honey. Stir them all around and serve!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments on "Greek Yoghurt with Blue Gum Honey and Blueberries"

Ju (The Little Teochew) on December 12, 2009 at 1:35 AM said...

LOL! Quinn, you and Ellie crack me up about the Robert obsession. Yogurt suddenly became so sexy, huh? :D

Quinn on December 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM said...

Ju: Yogurt is sexy and so is Robert. You need appreciation for Greek yogurt especially when they are plain and slightly tart-ish. Isn't that exactly like Robert Pattinson!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez