Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mixed Fruit Salad

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, December 19, 2009

Everyone should make this easy and refreshing fruit salad. The easy dressing consist of honey, lime juice and mint is adapted from Alice of Savoury Sweet Life. I like it best serve chilled. Upon maceration, the fruits absorb the dressing much better.

I wish I could make it more colourful and have blueberries and strawberries in it as well but these are fruits that I have in fridge. And that mango will rot if I still don't use it. So yeah...try it, you'll definitely like it!


Mixed fruits: Chop all into cubes smallish

1 yellow peach
1 white peach
1 mango cheek
1 small baby apple
9 cherries
Generous handful of pomegranate arils

Dressing: Mix together

2 tsp muscovado sugar or regular brown sugar
2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp blue gum honey
2 tsp finely chopped mint
Dash of lime zest if you like it more tangy

Toss mixed fruits into dressing and gently toss around with fingers. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.

Thanks for sharing Alice! It's a real winner in parties!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments on "Mixed Fruit Salad"

Sara Tea on December 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM said...

We make a very similar dressing for our fruit salad at my work, but we add a splash of tequila and orange juice... delicious!

cherry potato on December 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM said...

I only like to eat fruits salad. Yours look so yummy

Dawn on December 22, 2009 at 3:57 AM said...

This looks really refreshing and summery amongst all the heavy wintery carbs. Lovely!

zurin on December 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM said...

I love fruit salads ..so simple yet so pretty ...i think it looks colourful enough.... I must make n blog this too wiht local fruits! nic ejob Quinn!!

Quinn on January 2, 2010 at 2:26 PM said...

Sara: Splashes of tequila and orange sounds yummy! Smart!!!

Cheery potato, thanks and I believe everyone love food salad because they are yummy ad refreshing and taste healthy!

Dawn, this one suits you since you eat so healthily! I do yoga and love tilapia too! Cheers!

Zu, making this with 'buah tempatan' sounds nice! I might just try that as well, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez