Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Too Soon Revisit

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, December 17, 2009

You think they look big?

Look again.....


Still think so?

You're not looking close enough....

Muffakes, panfins, puffins, whatever you call them, they are rather healthy and delicious. I use honey instead of maple syrup twice in a row and they tasted great!

I had too much time to kill one fine noon and decided to bake puffins again for Aaron's colleague. I tied Miss Puffin to Mr Hangman. They look happy together!

My tower of two petite puffins...

Could go higher and this is the most, pile up of four puffins. Any higher and it'll topple over. Yes, that's how free I was.

This time around, I also spoon the batter plain into the muffin holes and sprinkle chocolate chips liberally on top of it. Less got stuck at the sides and bottom this time and removing was a breeze with toothpick here and there once in a while, loosening the edges.

And I am also submitting this post's picture to Tastespotting. The last time I submitted one, the same one that's accepted by Foodgawker here or here was rejected by Tastespotting. This is Tastespotting's reason:

"Note: composition. foods with bites are usu not preferble"

Whatever that is supposed to mean... It pisses me off sometimes not because they rejected my photos but because one rejected and the other one accepted it. Makes me confused and mixed up on what they are looking for. I suppose one person's art could easily be another person's chaos. And no, I did not purposely make this again just to have it accepted in Tastespotting if that's what you're wondering!

Recipe here, adapted from Bakerella. Always have fun in the kitchen and I hope no one punisheds me for playing with food too much. They're not wasted. They vanished into people's stomaches. I like feeding others, do you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments on "A Too Soon Revisit"

Cuisine Paradise on December 17, 2009 at 11:58 PM said...

Wow..this is Rey's favourite... CHocolate Chips.... he will sure SCREAM when he sees this... :p

Ju (The Little Teochew) on December 18, 2009 at 2:35 AM said...

So cute, using the hangman! How creative of you, Quinn! And no revisit is too soon if the dish is yummy. That's how some recipes end up as "favourites", yeah? :D They look as adorable, if not more so, as the first time you made them.

Marysol on December 18, 2009 at 3:43 AM said...

I don't think I've ever seen a more amusing, lighthearted version of Hangman. But it's a perfectly-creative idea for your puffins, or are they muffakes?
Ah, what's in a name. The taste, that's what counts.

And I appreciate the idea of using honey, instead of sugar, in these delicious bites!

Twin Tables on December 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM said...

i love your pictures and I did find it on TS however, I am very agrivated with them as well. I always get "not sharp." Thy have only posted a couple of my pictures. I can't win...

Quinn on January 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM said...

Ellena: Make some for Reyon. Rey's got good baker mum, no worries!

Ju: These really ended up as favourite. To date, I've probably made them more than 5 times already. Easy breakfast treat that can be made the night before and just nuke back in the microwave. How simple is life and breakfast?????

Marysol: I like muffakes and puffins too! Gotta admit we all love the hangman eh? Honey taste so much better. It's breakfast, make it healthy!

Twin Tables: Darling, it's not a competition and you can win if course. I've nailed you down through TS too and hey, not that bad. I'm a newbie in photography. Guess everyone's gotta start somewhere, somewhat agree?

Mowie @ Mowielicious on January 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM said...

Those are some very cute 'puffins'! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez