Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chilled Melon Soup

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, January 07, 2010

I have so much passion and love for food really....I don't have much love or passion for baby but this baby is my only exception. How can I resist myself from eating him when he has tiny buffalo chicken toes that would dip well in blue cheese dressing? * That's Aaron's thumb by the way!



He also has a pair of squid ink black eyes that would look so good in my pasta. And his hair.....

His Beckham style hair is all natural, just like the soft candy floss you would, buy except that his one is much sweeter.

Me and Aaron welcomed a family of 3 in our house for the last six days. If you are thinking that cute little thing is our baby, you must be crazy. Yann (Loving Sweet Mama), Desmond (Crazily Funky Papa) and Baby Zheng Yu came over for a week stay in our rented house because their house is under a minor construction. How we wish the construction will never end. I almost teared when he left. Because he is the sweetest thing ever, and even sweeter than my chilled melon soup.

Desmond, this is for you really.....though Aaron really like it too! It amazes me how similar you two are; charisma, speech and thinking! Every single time I look at the bright orange melon balls, I thought of 'dan huang' now....all thanks to you both! It's our inside joke people...gimme some room for some private jokes yeah!

This one is so good for summer.... That coconut cream spider web would look so complete with Zheng Yu on them really. Because when he's lying down on his stomach and spread out his hands and legs and wiggling them, he practically look like a spider and frog to me.


And Yann, thank you so much for all the wonderful tips you gave me in the kitchen. The baking powder smothered my chicken meat and makes it so tender now. I'll know what to do with a milk carton if all my chopping boards disappear from my kitchen one day. My bunch of coriander will never wither again so quickly whenever I put them in the refrigerator. And you make the most amazing Chicken Rice ever! And your curry fish head, I like how you use lemon in them. In fact, I like how you use things around you to whip up real good food that taste as authentic as they should be. 2 dishes in under 30 minutes, all set on the table, nicely plated up, beat that people!

The house is so quiet now that the baby is gone. I like Yann and Desmond. It doesn't take us long to know they are good people. And that 6 days felt like I have known them for ages. I like how we bonded so well.

Now, bond with my chilled melon soup. All you need is half a melon, cooked sago and coconut cream. Use a melon baller to scoop out as much round melon balls as you can and puree the rest with 1/2 cup vanilla sugar dissolved in 2 cups of water. Chill that well and dribble in coconut cream to taste and as much sago and melon balls you would like. Serve it very cold.

Done!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments on "Chilled Melon Soup"

Dodol & Mochi on January 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM said...

Lovely writing!! The baby just melted my heart ...

The spider web is a brilliant idea!! I'm so going to do this whenever there's an opportunity!! Love the melon soup ... Sounds so refreshing in the hot summer weather!

Pei-Lin

edith on January 8, 2010 at 1:30 AM said...

This is a brilliant idea. Art on melon soup.

and that little one is soooooo cute.

Happy New Year.

zurin on January 9, 2010 at 12:32 AM said...

AWWW so sweet..both you n the baby.:)) n the melon soup!

Sook on January 9, 2010 at 5:44 AM said...

Oh cute baby!! The soup looks great too!

pigpigscorner on January 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM said...

so cute! The soup is beautiful!

The Little on January 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM said...

Baby's soooo cute! And the melon soup looks wonderful! Amazing how a like effort (like the spider web) jazzes up a simple dessert.

Desmond Chong said...

Aiyoh, seemed that Zheng Yu has stolen the limelight from your "egg yolk soup"!

Loved the way you've blended him with your work of art, was a joy to read those lines of yours indeed.

Pleasure was ours to have stayed with u & Aaron, u both (& a certain LL) had made our stay though short but truly memorable, not to mention the deja vu.

Quinn on January 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM said...

Pei Lin: The spider web takes up just a tad more time but for the looks, I think it's totally worth it!

Edith: Happy New Year to you too! Art? Nah.....I'm not that good yet really!

Zu: Thanks! Baby was way way sweeter than Melon Soup!

Sook & Ann: Thanks!

Ju: Totally agree! Like what I've said to Pei Lin, it takes just a bit more time but totally jazzes things up!

Desmond: Oi, it's Melon Soup not 'Dan Huang' Soup! I don't mind Zheng Yu steal the limelight. This whole post is dedicated for him anyway! Haha, I'm glad you didn't mind I described your baby like he's an edible work of art! And thank you so much for staying with us. I guess it's memorable for everyone (don't know bout a certain LL!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez