Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pineapple Tart Moulds

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, January 28, 2010


Hey everyone,

Bring it on!!! About two weeks ago, Edith left a comment on my Pineapple Tarts...two ways post. She was rather straight forward and I was a lil' startled in fact. Here's what she said:

Quinn, give me your address

I shoot her an email with my address only to find out later her intention was to send me nastar mould to ease my life. It came in last week. And it not only came with a nastar mould, it also came with this lovely heart shape open face tart mould in it!!! Edith, I cannot thank you enough for the moulds. Edith thought I have been nice and kind to her but the inner me thought Edith was the one being nice and kind to me. I totally don't deserve the moulds and no, I have not met Edith in real life before. Not even once!


It surprises me how sometimes blogging has built my network and brought nice people closer to me. I know good people when I see one. I can't wait for the bloggers meet up in KL. I can't wait to meet Zurin in real. Zu, I hope pomegranates are still available next week so I can get them for you as fresh as possible! I can't wait to meet Angie.

I have so much more to learn about baking. I have long way to go in cooking. I have more flavours to invent for cool concoctions. And I just cannot tell you all enough how little things like leaving me a comment and even just dropping by and bookmark my page sparked my life. You don't have to send me gift to make my day!


I have never thought I would be where I am today. All these started off as a past time and it shall continue to be. I am a professional engineer now, I have already graduated. I have no regrets and will not turn my head and look back at those times thinking I should have worked on a Pastry Chef Degree instead.

And to those of you who sent me hate mails and hate comments saying I'm not posting frequent enough, I am getting boring and my skills aren't right here and there, jeeeezzzz.....go get a life. I'm not here just to entertain you. I am a self-taught, never had the luxury to attend a single class like you. I don't mind if you tell me nicely. But if you do it like how you did on my Old-Fashioned Tiramisu or my French Toast, trust me you'll either get deleted or on days when I'm up for an argument, I'll approve you and shoot the hell out of you along with other people. I'm here to entertain myself and hope I might entertain you too. It's a symbiosis process, a two-way thing. Not like you, you parasite! Blog! blog! blog! Did you care about my life? Did you ask me how am I faring if I didn't tell you?

Let's not go there. Edith, thank you so much again. You have made me so happy today I couldn't sleep last night. That is true. I sure will have fun with the moulds you sent me.


Cheers,
Quinn

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments on "Pineapple Tart Moulds"

Cuisine Paradise on January 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM said...

Wow.... Quinn, those are lovely moulds and I am sure you will made another batch of great pineapple tarts with them :) So you see... there are alot of great bloggers around so ignored those "comments" which will stand a chance to ruin your mood on blogging :)

Ju (The Little Teochew) on January 29, 2010 at 1:23 AM said...

That's a lovely gesture by Edith, and you're definitely a worthy recipient of those moulds. :) Quinn, congratulations on graduating! You did it and you have every right to be proud of yourself.

Anncoo on January 29, 2010 at 2:44 AM said...

Just be yourself, Quinn. I'm always here to support you.

ICook4Fun on January 29, 2010 at 5:22 AM said...

That is very nice of Edith to sent you the tart moulds. Yea we get to know a lot of nice people through blogging and some even became good friends. Of course there are some nasty people out there too. I guess it is unavoidable so we just ignored them. Take care Quinn and can't wait to see you in KL.

zurin on January 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM said...

oh congratulations Quinn!!! on graduating. and what lovely presents too! now u can make many many tarts to your hearts content!! :))

oh please dont worry bout bringing anything quinn! it doesnt matter at all..just bring urself dear!!

Quinn on January 29, 2010 at 6:27 PM said...

Ellena: Thanks, yeah the moulds are great! Nope, they gotta try harder to ruin my day now! Thanks!

Ju: Thank you so much Ju! Yes, Edith is very very nice to have sent me the moulds I don't deserve! Graduation as a professional engineer sounds busy eh?

Anncoo: Thanks! Thanks a lot...

Gertrude: Yes, Edith is very very nice! I am eager to see you too!!!!

Zu: Yes, I will be making more just days before I fly back because I don't want them to start turning mouldy too quickly. I like my jam moist! Nah....I'll try my best with the buah delima, I hope you don't mind such cheap meeting gift! See you soon and you take care!!!

pigpigscorner on January 30, 2010 at 8:12 PM said...

THat's so nice of her! Love the moulds. I bought some online and they were too small for pineapple tarts I planned to make. Now I have to think of something else to make!

Pei-Lin@Dodol and Mochi on January 31, 2010 at 2:35 AM said...

Edith was so sweet!! You're such a blessed gal to have a good friend like her!

Sigh ... Now, my conscience is driving me crazy ... Time for some self-reflection ...

Hwee on January 31, 2010 at 2:45 AM said...

Hi Quinn, no need to delete those comments that hurt you... let us ( i mean bloggers and readers of your blog) to the job by 'bombarding' these nasty pple with our strong words and comments.

gee. i hope by doing that, you will feel much better with the support of other bloggers and pple.

Angie

quizzine on February 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

I didnt know what to use to make nastar pineapple tarts until i saw your post! Just bought the mould this afternoon, and can't wait to try them out next week ;-)

Cassie on February 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM said...

hi Quinn, you are so blessed - to have a friend that sends you the mould!

Do you know where I can get the nastar mould online?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez