Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soft Boiled Eggs with Soldiers

Posted by Quinn at Thursday, January 21, 2010

I know what you're thinking. I'm probably running out of things to blog about. Nope, I really wholeheartedly want to share this simple breakfast fare of mine with you. This is what we ate most of the times and Aaron loves it with a dollop of Bovril. I hate Bovril!

Simply just cover as much free-range eggs (doesn't have to be free range, fresh eggs will do) needed with cold water. Bring to boil and once boiling, time it and let it boil for approximately 2 minutes or so. Fish it out and soak it in cold water. Get along with the soldiers. Butter bread and slice them into long fingers. Pop it in the griller until it crisp up.

Crack up the top part of the egg and place it in a egg cup. Throw in a dash of pepper salt and a small dollop of butter or Bovril. Stir around to mix with the soldier and serve.

Very yummy breakfast!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments on "Soft Boiled Eggs with Soldiers"

Kitchen Corner on January 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

This is also one of my favorite breakfast! Simple and nice.. I just loveeee eggs :P My be I need two kekeke...

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) on January 22, 2010 at 12:02 AM said...

This look so cute, seriously I never eat something like this before.

Dodol & Mochi on January 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM said...

Oh, this looks simple! I love soft-centered eggs!! Oh, I love both Bovril & Marmite! =P ... Haven't tried Vegemite though ... So expensive the ones at Cold Storage!!

Pei-Lin

Ellie on January 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

Love the runny egg yolks! Nice shot!

zurin on January 23, 2010 at 1:40 AM said...

love soft boiled eggs! n cute soldiers :)

Elin on January 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM said...

Haha Quinn..you are so cute! My gosh you have great ideas...haha I would never have thought of such artistic presentation and the egg is mouth watering with the runny yolk :) Great job and great photography

Quinn on January 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM said...

Grace: Thanks! I usually have 2 eggs and 2 squares of bread too! Just feel like having one on some days :)

Sonia: Are you serious you haven't eat something like this before? They have it all over kopitiams in Malaysia, slices of toasted bread with kaya and Planta slapped in between, absolutely yummy!

Pei Lin: Vegemite taste almost like Marmite and I hate all three of them. Here, the Aussies spread Vegemite on bread like butter. Vegemite Toast, utterly yuckiness!!!

Ellie & Zu : Thank you so much! Cute? Hmmmm....I just can't see which is the cute part though?

Elin: Thanks Elin! You think it's cute too? I think it's the egg cup holder making the whole thing look cutesy! And the presentation, really gotta thank mum for letting me dawdle with food and play with it so much when I was a toddler!

Thanks guys!

pigpigscorner on January 24, 2010 at 7:57 AM said...

Love the presentation! So simple and delicious.

wendyywy on January 31, 2010 at 4:09 AM said...

Soldiers are they... standing on alert to be bitten off their heads.

cute :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez