Sunday, June 13, 2010

Revive with Meatball Baguette & Live on Australia!

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, June 13, 2010

This is what I've made for our supper tonight. I'm just gonna pop that in the grilled for a couple of minutes and it's gonna be ready by 4 AM. Yes, Germany vs. Australia at 4 freaking AM! Despite it being winter now and it's gonna be really cold, there will be a lot of pubs jam-packed with Aussies watching Socceroos. We've chose to stay indoor in our comfort zone watching the match. Germany is pretty good, I have to admit but I'm pretty sure the Aussies will give Germans a tough fight. I reckon we could get a draw out of this, but a win would be perfecto! Go Aussie Go!!!


Below is a the official World Cup Song for Year 2010, it's called Waving Flag just to boost the football spirit in us a bit. It's a pretty good song really, click it!



There is no particular reason why I made these. I wanted to make something that represents Aussie and Aaron wanted something savoury. I could only think of lamingtons and meat pie but meat pie was too much of a work. Passed by Subway and saw them promoting their foot long meatball rolls. I straight away knew this would be it. I got around making Tessa Kiros's meatballs (recipe later on!). I made a large batch, some for spaghetti with meatballs and some for this foot long baguette. I throw in some Bega cheese slices, onion rings and stuffed the top and bottom with alfalfa sprouts. That gooey orange sauce you see is Perinaise bought from Nando's. It's a sweet and spicy mayonnaise, infused with Peri-peri and Nando's goodness. Absolutely love it!


Yeah..so that's about it. Before I sign off, here is another clip. It's called 'I Still Call Australia Home'. Probably the most expensive 2 minutes advertisement ever made in Australia, summing up to USD3 Mil but it's worth it. It's meaningful, it's rejoicing and it's gathering all Aussies from all walks of like to reunite. It's my all time favourite and I hope you'll like it too!



Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi! Go Socceroos, go!!!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments on "Revive with Meatball Baguette & Live on Australia!"

Shirley @ Kokken69 on June 13, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

I do like the World Cup 2010 song. It has a passionate, 'can do' feel to it. I am sure all Aussies are gearing up to support their team. I heard from one of our newscaster that his flight from Singapore to SA was full of Aussies going there to support the home team.The ebullience sounded really infectious.

zurin on June 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM said...

getting exciting as more teams meet on the field. My boys watch with frozen faces, grunts, yelps and roars bu tonly when an interesting game is on.

those sandwiches are perfect for a cold cosy night watching. mmm

Anncoo on June 14, 2010 at 12:25 AM said...

I like to watch World Cup too! No doubt Germany is a strong team but I'm supporting Australia this time.

Elzemhobby on June 14, 2010 at 12:32 AM said...

Wowwww.

Saucy on June 14, 2010 at 2:36 PM said...

Sandwiches? I adore sandwiches. I will surely try this one, probably for the Master's Golf Tournament next year... I get roped into making my husband's friends gourmet sandwiches for that event every year ;)

Jo on June 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM said...

Hehe, like Shirley I like the theme song as well .. Waka Waka! Plus this is one great snack to munch whilst in front of the telly.

Kitchen Corner on June 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM said...

Thanks for sharing the World Cup song! I show it to my hubby, he so enjoys. Beside, the sandwich looks great! I like all types of sandwich, I could eat sandwich everyday :P

Anonymous said...

Quinn,

Thanks for replying all my emails. This is Julia. It amazes me how you manage to get all the ingredients just in Adelaide alone considering what a small place it is. I am in Adelaide too but am not as resourceful as you. By the way, did you learn any plating techniques? You can make simple sandwiches and baguettes look so appetizing. Any tricks to share with us?

I usually just blog hop and not leave comment but seeing yours, I just have to say thank you. You are very inspiring, I learn something new every time I drop in here!

Julia

Quinn on June 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

Thanks guys...it's a little dampening to stay up and watch Aussie got defeated by 4 neil. Oh well, I guess we still have 2 more matches with Aussie in it so still go Aussie Go!

Shirley: It's a public holiday today here in SA because it's Queen's Birthday. It is no surprise SA is jam-packed!

Zurin: 5°C last night and it's early summer. Those baguettes were perfect for a freezing night you mean???

Grace: The sound track is good isn't it! I love it too... Yeah, sandwiches and breads are filling, I can eat them for lunch, dinner and breakfast!

Julia: Thanks...I'm glad the places I recommended helped you somewhat. I used to work in a sandwich bar, assembling sandwiches, baguettes, bagels and etc all day long to make it look really good and presentable to customers. No tricks really, just lots and lots and I meant lots of creativity, practice and in no time, you'll do it. Drop by more often then, I don't bite.

Cheers.

pigpigscorner on June 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

The sandwich looks great! I think we were having Domino's pizza when we watched this =)

Elin on June 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM said...

You make a simple sandwiches and baguette looks great. Makes me hungry now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez