Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Taste of Yellow: Perfect Scrambled Eggs

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, October 02, 2010

I am feeling very helpless now...It is an on and off relationship with Aaron and I will be flying to Perth this coming Friday to mend and fix things between us a bit, do not know if it is for the better or for worst. Aaron is second. Right now...I am feeling helpless and weak and sick and useless because I am diagnosed with Shingles....It is basically getting chicken pox the second time.



It is also Sue's birthday today and I did not make anything to celebrate the occasion though I am indeed miles away from her and the family. It started with a very high fever and the doctor did said any higher would probably have cause me some good damage on the brain, phew...Right now, I need to be isolated, all by myself in the vicinity of my room and bear the pain on the muscles and joints for 3- days and the later 3-4 days would be just drying the scabs off and hopefully leaving no pockmarks.

I am always pumped up, doing something, up and running about and to have me bed-ridden for days with pain all over my body and tremendous itch could be a real challenge....This is the second day and I am not feeling much better. I whimper and whine like a big baby when it comes to taking antibiotics and fever pills. Tonnes of ointments and calamine lotions to reduce the itch and to dry the blisters up and all that are really getting on my nerves...

Then I remember I heard of LiveSTRONG event and 'A Taste of Yellow' from Shirley's blog post and how it coincides with my sister's birthday....Global LiveSTRONG events are everywhere and are participated by millions, even in Adelaide, where a group of people would clad on yellow shirt and cycle all along the beach in conjunction with the day while I pathetically stayed at home.

This was my lunch and it somewhat helped....all the medications I am on need to be taken after meal and sorry Barb, I forgot the yellow heart (and that was part of the rule) but the event was stucked in my mind for a while and I've made this with lots of thoughts and heart, does that count? And another bonus, we both made something with out heart using egg as base...apart from the fact that mine is messily fluffy and yours are beautifully shaped into a heart-shaped yellow yolk...Considering a Shingles patient, making her own lunch and doing the photo shoot part as well all by herself is no easy feat, helpless and lethargic practically sum everything....

My Nonna was diagnosed with cancer but it was nothing serious, but still, a cancer is a cancer and has its risk. She underwent chemo once and was much better. It came back once again and she went for another round of chemo and that was about it. At her age, she is definitely very strong and to live till today and raised half a dozen of children all by herself, she is the heroin in all our hearts.

My oldest aunt, diagnosed with cancer too...Nonna's on the neck and Aunt's one's on the nose. She lost so much weight and massive hair loss were observed throughout the chemotherapy period, with occasional vomiting. It would break anyone's heart to see what she's been through...I believe everyone could be and need to be strong, at some stage in their life, when they are facing life-death situation. My Shingles, it is nothing compared to what cancer patients would have to go through or have been through, I should stop complaining and live with it.

This scrambled eggs recipe, is something I eat regularly...Nothing more than eggs, good butter, salt flakes and freshly grinded pepper on a good dry toast, topped with parsley flakes. The video is very much self-explanatory. Gordon has my respect, as annoying as he could be in some eyes, I love how original and real he is, when he talks. That is not arrogant, fairly confident and good in what he is doing. Once you have tried his scrambled eggs recipe, you will not whisk the eggs in a bowl before hand! I like how he said 'Done in the pan, overcooked on the toast' and love the ending naughty bits he was trying to say, he paused and then he quickly say 'the breakfast!'....

I know this is a food blog but look, I am 25 so gimme a break and lemme say naughty sometimes...And hopefully I will come back with more good news in the following post. I've been cooking a bit and making things in the tiny little kitchen, they are all up on Facebook and hopefully will be up soon. Right now, I really got to go, it took me 90minutes to write this, can you imagine???

Good night people...


Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 comments on "A Taste of Yellow: Perfect Scrambled Eggs"

crustabakes on October 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

This must be a tough time for u. Stay strong, eat well and get well soon!

busygran on October 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

Keep eating well, have plenty of rest and do light easy things to keep your mind occupied. Hope you will be well soon!

Barbara on October 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM said...

Quinn thank you. I'm happy to have your entry. My Mum has shingles so I know how tough it is. Hope you feel better soon.

I cook my scrambled eggs just like Gordon, have been for years. I have them at least once a week. Usually on Sunday night for dinner.

Honey Bee Sweets on October 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM said...

Take good care Quinn! From the sound of it, you really need to take it easy and rest as much as possible. Those scrambled eggs looked so soft and light, perfect on a warm crusty toast. ;) will give this a try nextweekend breakfast. :)

Food-A-holic on October 4, 2010 at 4:34 AM said...

Hope you feel better! Shingles is no fun! I had it when I was 10. It hurts and it itches.

Happy Homebaker on October 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM said...

Quinn, do take good care of yourself and take plenty of rest. btw, I learned how to make scramble eggs by watching this exact video clip too :)

Kitchen Corner on October 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

This is a perfectly cook scramble egg indeed! Nice colored! There no doubt a great breakfast to go with a piece of toast!

edith on October 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Your scrambled egg toast is done perfectly! Looking at the runny eggs is enough to make me hungry.

Jess @ Bakericious on October 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

Quinn, take care and speed recovery!

Christine@Christine's Recipes on October 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM said...

Quinn, your scrambled eggs look very soft and yummy! Really love to have this for tomorrow's breakfast.

Jo on October 5, 2010 at 1:05 AM said...

Hi Quinn, you have to take care of yourself first. Get better before you tackle anything else. I too am going through a difficult time right now as I have recently lost my husband. But I'm keeping myself occupied as much as possible - otherwise I would probably drown in my own sorrow. You have to stay strong for yourself.

pigpigscorner on October 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM said...

Do take care Quinn!

noobcook on October 5, 2010 at 3:28 PM said...

oh dear, sorry to hear you have Shingles >.< Rest well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker on October 6, 2010 at 3:03 AM said...

The eggs looks marvellous. I did a LiveSTRONG post too! Thanks so Shirley and Ellie.
Sorry you're not well Quinn. Rest up and hydrate well k? Your readers miss you!

Elin on October 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM said...

Quinn...take care and stay strong. Rest more and don't have to feel isolated. We are with you here. The scrambled eggs looks delish!

Eat well and rest more.

Shirley @ Kokken69 on October 7, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

Hi Quinn, I think when I first saw your entry, I was still in Sydney. Hope you are feeling better and I am glad you've managed to make it for this entry despite your illness. Hope you will work things out in Perth too... Remember what I've told you- at your age, you should be carefree and enjoying youth!

yd on October 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM said...

Hi Quinn,
Hope you are feeling much better and looking forward to your Perth trip.
If you are craving for some Nyonya food, drop into Bibik Chan's at Sterling Highway.
Enjoy!

Pei-Lin@Dodol and Mochi on October 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM said...

Quinn, sorry for the late reply ... I myself have been too busy ... I barely have the time to update stuff online ...

Here, we share similar stories. I started out mine as absolutely a food blog. Somehow over the year, it's evolved into a blog on which I ramble about foods and life. So with that said, this is your journal. Just write what pleases you here. Don't worry what others think about it! This is Quinn! Everything is so Quinn! OK?

I'll be here patiently awaiting good news from you. You guys have come a long way. I still have faith in you. Now, 25 is young, OK? I'm 2 years younger than you're. So, what am I? LOL!

AND, taking 90 minutes to write is considered short. I take a few days to complete, from composing to editing. You haven't beaten me in that sense.

OK, speedy recovery to you. Have a safe trip to and fro. Take care! Live strong! =)

Indie.Tea on October 15, 2010 at 4:07 AM said...

O, I hope that you get better really soon...
The eggs look perfect.

babe_kl on October 16, 2010 at 3:06 AM said...

oh dear, hope all is well with you. get well soon ya and do take care.

Art and Appetite on October 16, 2010 at 2:49 PM said...

Oh yes! Totally awesome and definitely the perfect scrambled eggs! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez